Monday, 7 September 2026

LISTEN TO THIS

 Listen to this song by local artist PINDN , featuring Murray from The Dayglos on guitar.

Kaw, Kaw, Kanada of red and white

Feed us all fire water to fuel the duels and fights

I try to stay resilient despite

How you’ve tried to set my Great, Great, Great Grandpa’s box of treasures alight

Shut down our ceremonial social functions

In the name of the the lord with guns and swords commit child abductions

Attempt to chop down our tree of life and replace it with dysfunction

National Inter-generational trauma now makes now hard to function

Kaw, Kaw, Kanada for you I paint this blood red picto-graff

To depict you’re sick masochistic destructive aftermath

You claimed you tried to teach our people to be civil but used evil

methods of wretchedness & sadistic wrath

Claimed we were on the wrong path

Son of a preacher man ya make me laugh

With anxious, angered apprehension

Son of a preacher man oh you fail to mention

What was labeled as a school was a haunted house of vile, hostile, high tensions

Controlled with atrocious, assimilative, evil, hypocritical, sinful intentions

-

Kaw, Kaw, Kanada ya go on to separate us from our a̲wi'nagwis with this pavement

& disguisedly make sneaky weasel arrangements

We’re apparently “savages” becomes the common statement

As my elders speak their truth bravely it’s hard to face it

As I continually hear these horror stories let’s face it

Wreck-con-similation does not seem near

upon this stolen land of inter-generational racists

Where bak̓wa̲m people are locked up, missing and murdered missing on a daily basis

Oh Kanada, isn’t clean water a basic - Human right?…

Naw, instead advertise to us fire water instead to fuel the fights

Before you’re red and white fireworks go boom! in the polluted skies at night

We try to try to stay resilient despite

The V.P.D locking us up and knocking us down

When we stand up for our rights

Surprised when we fight back

Against their unjust ecocidal attacks

And the common decency they lack

Thinking we’re ungrateful and should just lay back

Confused at the two words “land back”

Oh Canada these words that I speak are for you

Oh Canada we are done with your blatant abuse

You’re fire water is no longer the drink that I chose

I am not a dumb drunk injun that is born to lose

Oh settlers don’t believe the hype of racist stereo types

Oh settler ya better take the time to read and hear these words that I write

This inter-generational genetic, traumatic memory cannot be wiped

You cannot stay idle when you’re home-environment

Is threatened by the irreversible impacts of a leaky pipe

Oh Cuzzin’ the number only started at two hundred and fifteen


All My Relations, I wish this nightmare was only a dream

-

Oooo Kanada

I will not be another victim

Of your Canadian Club fire water system


I know you won’t take the time to respond or listen

To my requiem I’ve written

for my Grandma Marilyn murdered and to all those missin’


Oh Kanada know

That I miss her so


As long as the grass will grow

And the Nimpkish River flows


You can take the queen upon your 20 dollar bills

And place em in down in your landfills


Placed upon these burial grounds


Oh Kanada

do the sounds of the children's spirits give your bones the chills?


I do not believe you’ll clear the water when the venom spills

Or heal the salmon people that feel it deep within their gills

Oh Kanada


You are still our guests

And we are still your hosts


Oh Canada

You have turned our coast

Into a realm of hungry ghosts


So for them here’s a spirit plate

If ya wanna offer one too please don’t let them wait!


I do not believe these wreck-con-simmilative words ya state

When I bear witness to these corrupted systems that ya still create


As patriots raise their shots in a cheers and toast

To commemorate a history of smallpox spread across the west coast


And to the R.C.M.P that took our reasons to live away

Which they are still actively doing today


How much more will you continue to take?

As your black snake venom spills in our rivers and lakes

Oh, Canada

Oh, Kaw, Kaw Kanada

Oh, Kaw, Kaw Kanada

…. I’m still alive

credits

from Spirits Back, released June 26, 2026
Featuring Murray Acton on guitar and The Nation of Creatio
n (Sammy K. on bass and Sina Valizadeh on drums)