Twelve Ways That YOU Can Be Part of Building the Movement for Revolution – Right Now
- Begin listening to the Revolution talk, Revolution: Why It's Necessary, Why It's Possible, What It's All About, by the revolutionary leader Bob Avakian, available on DVD and at revolutiontalk.net. Listen to some of the talk every day. Read BAsics, the book of quotations and short essays by Bob Avakian. These enable you to get deeper into the ideas that guide the revolution.
- Donate money to building the movement for revolution. Arrange each month to give something. Be part of building the campaign to spread BA Everywhere – letting everyone know about, and get into, the new synthesis of communism that he's brought forward and the leadership he's giving to the movement for revolution.
- Tape up a revolutionary poster or a palm-card or a flier or even an article from Revolutionnewspaper in a hallway, in a bathroom stall, wherever you can... If you have a business, or work in a restaurant or beauty parlor etc. with a friendly owner, or know someone who does, put it up there. This gets the word out, and it lets people see that there are other people who support the revolution. Five or ten posters in the hallways of a large building or on street corners will be seen by thousands.
- Read Revolution newspaper every week. Learn what's really going on in the world and stay connected to the movement for revolution. Get a subscription.
- Leave cards or fliers or copies of Revolution newspaper on bus seats, in a laundromat, a library, a classroom, or a barbershop. Watch how people respond. This also gets the word out and builds support for the revolution, and it lets the movement learn how well it is doing at influencing people. Talk about people's responses with someone from the movement for revolution.
- Get the image of Bob Avakian around everywhere you can – tape it up, or leave palmcards with it. This will make those who don't know about BA curious, and for those who do it will give them encouragement to get more into this.
- Play the Revolution talk where you live when people come over. This lets people learn about the revolution and what it stands for. See what it sparks in people, and talk it over with them.
- Talk with others you trust about the revolution, and then give feedback to people in the revolutionary movement. Let them know what questions the newspaper should be addressing. Share what you are learning, and be part of the movement that is learning how to speak more deeply and clearly to the people.
- Stand with the movement for revolution. When you see the movement for revolution in your area, be part of the crowd that supports the revolutionaries. Find out where they will be regularly and when they will be there, show up. You will let other people know that there is support, and you will encourage them to step forward and hear what the revolutionaries have to say.
- If you are in a neighborhood where there is a people's neighborhood patrol, travel with the patrol when they go out. You can begin by being part of the crowd that is watching them, and watching out for them, or letting them know where there are regular patterns of police harassment and brutality in the neighborhood.
- Raise money for the movement for revolution. Do a yard sale, sell dinners, have a party or find ways to enable people to support the revolution.
- Come to a meeting called by the movement for revolution in your area. Learn about and be part of making the plans for fighting the power, and transforming the people, for revolution.
If you do any or all of these, you will be part of the thousands who are influencing millions toward revolution today... you will be challenging and changing the way people see things, and preparing those millions to make revolution, when the conditions emerge to do so.