Saturday 8 September 2012

GRINDLANDIA

GRINDLANDIA 2012
I was at a fucking awesome show last night, which I heard of through Bubba (of Write-Off fame), and also from Mr.Robert Nesbitt, ex-AK-47 fella. The bands were tremendous, all of whom played furious songs that seemed to clock in at less than a minute, for the most part. The crowd was respectful (mostly), and there weren't any real trouble makers, not even the fucking police!
   My main motivation for going was to see the audio-killers who go by the name of Write-Off. Holy fuck, I got my money's worth right there. I could have left and been a happy man. I was still annoyed with myself for having missed them at HardcoreFest, but it's all right now. The intensity of Bubba, the precision of hearing a band who actually sound like they practice, and also seeing old guys rock it better than young guys half their respective ages, made it a fucking amazing set. I love those guys. Get their tape. Get it now, pathetic fools. Other standouts that I got to see were Burning Ghats, SIDETRACKED (!!!), and Hummingbird Of Death. Fuck yes. Once again, the superiority of underground  music and culture vs. everything else was proven. (I know it's not a contest, but we win anyway, so fuck you). Old friends were seen and reconnected with, and vinyl and tapes were purchased. That's right, I did not buy one CD. Fuck yes.
I don't know who all was involved in putting this on, not being a facebooker, but I'd like to thank Kate, and Scott for keeping things chill outside. See y'all next time.