Monday 26 August 2013

LOCAL INSPIRATION

On Saturday night I saw local bands Line Traps, (featuring Thieman from Talk's Cheap Record Store in beautiful downtown Victoria), Vancouver's Legion Of Goons, and Class Of 1984.
  Line Traps were great fun, bringing their own brand of high-energy garage pre-punk unlike anyone else in town. It was my first time seeing them (shamefully), and it will not be the last. Legion Of Goons were fucking amazing Suicidal Tendencies/Poison Idea style thrash, and they were louder than fuck! I will also check them out again when they play Victoria next month. Class Of 1984 were on their fucking game that night. Tight, anthemic, melodic, and sometimes thrashy also. Buy their new 7" split with The Excessives on Jono's own Bullitt Records. It's a great record,and totally worth supporting the local stuff, especially on vinyl. 
  So after all that, I'm truly inspired to write again. I'd better warn Joe that I'll have several new songs when he gets back from vacation next week.
Line Traps.