Sunday 24 November 2013

THE BIG GUY'S BIRTHDAY


Last night was Tyler Stranglehold's Birthday Bash at everyone's favourite shithole, Logan's. I missed The Goon Squad, but managed to catch Class Of 1984, who grow on me everytime I see them. They had the big man get up on stage and do a couple of ill-rehearsed cover songs. "Hope" by The Descendants, and "Civilization's Dying" by the Zero Boys. It was a fuck of a lot of fun. The last band of the night were The Frostbacks, who were also very entertaining. I was actually thinking that if AK were to have played, we might have ruined everyone's evening. It might have been worth it. Oh well. There'll be plenty of opportunity to wreck everyone's good times in the future.
  As always, it was great to catch up with people I haven't seen in a long time, and I also find it inspirational to see the old (and not so old) faces. A small handful of straightedgers, people who work hard and party harder, 40-something drunken skateboarders, and even some stupid fucking clueless university types were represented. A great time, in honour of a great human being. Happy Birthday, my friend.