Saturday 5 April 2014

A SLOW START

Sorry for the delays in writing, but I'm fucking busy, okay? Okay.

There are as many interpretations of what punk rock is, as there are bands, and there are many, maybe even far too many. Pop-punk, hardcore, skate, straightedge, garage, '77 punk, '82 thrash, Finnish style, political, anarchopunk, blah blah blah.....I have most of these styles in my own collection, except maybe for psychobilly. I'm not into it. I've also never been into the shock value thing either, although that doesn't mean that I dislike bands who have rude lyrics. What differentiates them from bands that are out simply to shock people, is that is just their own interpretation of what punk is. Some of the people who listen to these bands, and even play in them, listen to everything. The same can't be said for most of the kids at the ol' circle A ranch. But then again, these are the same people who would judge us as being dogmatic commie robots, without ever having listened to a CD or read the lyric sheet. Who cares. I'm not out to seek their approval. Fuck 'em.
  So the deal is, bands will do the style that feels natural to them. Fuck you if you don't like it, or if you're some frat boy in punk clothing trying to shock people with your idiocy.
And yes, I do enjoy AWT and the Gnar Gnar's. Good day.