Monday 23 June 2014

FUCKED UP AND TWISTED

I was watching the news a couple of nights ago, and there was a story from somewhere in the states about how 17 dogs had died in a case of negligence at a dog daycare. Now, I understand how people develop attachments to their pets, even going so far as to say that they are "part of the family". But what was going through my mind as these people were shedding tears and wailing away, was that I bet not one of them cried when innocent children were killed by amerikkkan bombs and troops, in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, or anywhere else for that matter. In fact, I doubt even one of them condemned the killing of civilians at all, perhaps calling it a necessary part of keeping their bloated gluttonous version of "freedom" safe from the enemy. This is just one more example of how imperialism twists social relations between people to the point where it is completely perverse. It is one more example of why this fucked up system has to go.