Sunday 28 September 2014

TRIBUTE BANDS

Last night I went to see an AC/DC and a Judas Priest tribute band at Logan's. I don't remember the names of either. Sorry.
   The AC/DC band played the songs well enough, but they didn't do any Bon Scott-era songs. NO Bon Scott?!!!! What the fuck?! He defined the band, and Brian Johnson was always a cheaper replacement, who would never quite be able to fill his shoes. Sorry, but it's the truth. And the Angus Young in the band could play well enough, but his onstage performance wasn't as Angus-y as it should have been. And where's the jaunty cap?
   The Judas Priest band nailed it pretty well. The singer even hit those crazy ass high notes. They wee the first J.P. tribute band I'd ever seen, and I would go again. Not too soon, but I would.
   What does this have to do with hardcore, or the usual angry political rant? Nothing. But it happened and I was there, dammit. Rock and roll,assholes.