Monday 30 January 2017

GREAT SUCCESS !

Over 1900 dollars were raised for Victoria Hospice at the Jay Brown Memorial Show on the 28th. It was fanfuckingtastic ! I didn't realize that Roy ( ex-AWT ) was the frontman for BLKR until they took the stage ! It was great to see him back in action, and especially exciting to have him come up on stage ( along with so many others ) to sing AWT's signature song , "Alcoholic White Trash". Awkward AC played, and seem to get better and better each time I see them. Riffheist are one of my favourite locals, The Gnar Gnars rocked the shit outta the place, The Hoosegow should fucking stay together because they always make me happy, and Fully Crazed are a new band made up of skate/hardcore veterans, and as expected, they tore shit up. It was awesome to see Dustin on drums again, and he's just as fucking good as he was during the Shutdown days ! 
   As usual, old friends were seen ( and loved ), and new friends were made. Of special note, some awesome kids came down from Nanaimo to show their support for a worthy cause, and I thank them. Hannah and her crew are welcome back any time ( not that they need my invitation ).
   So again, do not take Hoon's efforts for granted. He has been doing this for 11 years now, and it all comes from the heart.
  Hopefully I'll see you all before next year !
       Good day.