Thursday 19 October 2017

DON'T GET ME WRONG

I do feel sorry for the passing away of Tragically Hip frontman Gordon Downie. Honestly I do. Cancer is a fucking terrible thing, both for the person who has it, and the loved ones of those who have it. But I have to say that I was completely indifferent to the Tragically Hip's music. I just didn't care one way or the other. Until last night. I was at one of my many jobs, and the radio was playing that band's music all evening. I listened and listened, and after a number of songs, I had to turn it off, even though I like music while I work. ( I don't dare change the station, as they love the classic rock at this place. Besides, what's the alternative ? It all sucks ).
I now have gone from complete indifference , to fucking hating that bland. I mean band. They fucking suck. If that's your idea of a "canadian institution ", you're fucked. There is absolutely nothing interesting about that fucking band . So maybe you'll get excited if they mention the canadian town you live in. Wow. Neat. That does not make their music any good. Again, I am sorry for his passing. I will not shed any tears like the shithead prime minister, who I doubt did the same when he heard stories from the survivors of residential schools in this country. Sad that he had to go out so young, but I can not pretend to like his music. Good day.