Monday 29 July 2019

GLAD I DID

It's another one of those shows that I wasn't really intending to go to, but am glad I made the decision to. I got there a little later than the actual start time, but managed to see Trench from Alberta, a more metallic hardcore sound pounding at us in the stifling heat of the grand environs of the  Cavity Curiosity Shop . They had the energy and the talent to keep things moving and interesting . I'll say it again, I don't care how many times I've heard this type of music before, if it's done with enthusiasm and heart , I'm in . They fucking pulled it off.

I've raved about the heavy hardcore stylings of locals Shallow End in other posts, and stand by my previous statements. Even in the humidity, they had more energy than most , and the songs to stick to your brain long after you've left the gig. I bought their new cassette release, and it's fucking awesome. Get it. Now.

Sadly, I got there too late to catch locals Gush  , but I have no doubt I'll see them one of these days. I only hear good things .

If you missed it, don't feel bad. I almost did too.

Image may contain: one or more people