Monday 15 July 2019

LAST NIGHT

I was feeling like shit yesterday . Not sick, just run down and fucking tired. I knew about a Sunday show at Logan's being put on by the fine people in local skinhead band ( not the bad kind ) No Heart, who were also opening the night's festivities , and even though Mike ( guitar lead vocals ) is my neighbour, I was still gonna opt out.
  Well , after a short evening nap on the couch, I had deluded myself into thinking I was feeling great , so off I went ! No Heart started the night's noise, and it was best I'd seen/heard them . Gruff , melodic, energetic, they have it all. Yes, I bought an LP and 7".
Next up were The Death Ridge Boys from Portland, who are an anthemic mid-tempo punk rock band with lefty politics and catchy singalong choruses. I got their LP also. How could you not ?
The last band of the night were Savage Beat from Holland , again with catchiness and a rock edge. They were competent and energetic enough , but the first two bands killed it .
I again didn't get enough sleep and feel like crap  today, but it was totally worth it.
You shoulda gone.

Image result for no heart band