Thursday 28 January 2021

JAY BROWN RIP.

 The 29th will mark the 14th anniversary of the passing of Jay Brown of local Victoria band Alcoholic White Trash . This day is remembered with sadness and some laughter, as Jay was always one with the obnoxious jokes and was loved by many in this town. He was a punk from childhood until his passing . I haven't met too many people as dedicated as he was, even going to shows when cancer was taking him down and making him weak. I will never forget him.

Here's an old writeup from Ty Stranglehold right after Jay's passing away.

 

We've been bandmates, co-workers, brothers, best friends and major annoyances to each other. The man had a heart of fuckin' gold but wasn't afraid to knock you down a peg if you needed it. He has a million and one stories to either make you piss yourself laughing or rip your heart out crying. He's been down every fucked up road that could be thrown at him but it couldn't get him down. Days ago he was still laughing in cancer's face. He knew he was going down, but it wasn't going to make him miserable. I don't think I know anyone else who could pull that off. There was a time in our lives that we spent almost 12-16 hours a day together, every day (work, band practice, and more work at the bar, then drinking after the bar closed. Repeat). The sarcasm ran thick, and some days I wished it would just stop... There is almost nothing I have that I wouldn't trade for one more day like that.
I am thankful that his suffering has ended and he had someone as amzing as Angela to love him and be there for him. My heart goes out to her and the hard road ahead. (You know we're all here for you!)

I have to believe that he had a hand in my 2 year old daughter flashing me the metal sign tonight at dinner out of nowhere. She has never done this EVER before and when I asked where she learned it, she just smiled. Jay always flashed the sign when we said goodbye.

Rest In Peace, Brother