Monday 18 April 2022

SORT OF NORMAL ?

 I went to a show on Saturday night that felt like things were sort of back to normal , whatever the fuck that means these days. At least until Dr. Bonehead starts fearmongering and inflicts useless resrictions on everyone again.

Be that as it may, it was a terrific show for a great cause , put on by none other than Hoon himself.

I got there in time to see Skurry , a powerful crustpunk band , who unfortunately are playing their last show under that name as their singer is moving away . I look forward to more music from the rest of them, and soon !

The surprise of the evening for me were Hung Up , and they were fucking amazing ! Punk/skate veterans , blasting out punk rock like only they could, and I only wanted more. Keep your ears open. If you missed out on this, too fucking bad for you. Try again.

I hadn't seen Riffheist in a long while, and they rocked the shit outta the house as they will. I am not tired of them , and would love to play with them again sometime.

The Gnar Gnars made me feel like I was back at Logan's again . They are tight, loud, rude , and as enjoyable as flipping off the cops. Another great set.
The last band of the night were Safe Decisions , a decent enough band , who would not be out of place on the Warp Tour. Tight and anthemic.

It was tremendous seeing all of the old faces again . I've missed you bastards.
Until next time !