Wednesday 24 May 2023

LOCALS ONLY

 I went to The Supersuckers show last Sunday ( thanks Esther !), and I am happy to say that the island bands were worth being there for. I'm hyped that at this point in local music history, the bands I listen to and enjoy the most come from Victoria , Nanaimo, and Vancouver.

It's great to see The Keg Killers back in action, and whether you like their music or not, they don't give a fuck about being "cancelled" by any "woke" whiners. They were tight , obnoxious, and truly enjoyable.

Inappropriate Elimination from Nanaimo are fronted by Jay ( him and his wife run The Terminal Bar in Nanaimo ), who is also the lead singer for Awkward AC. They were hard mid-tempo rock punk, and some of their songs reminded me of Car 87 from Vancouver . Good shit indeed.
I'm not gonna talk about the other bands. People had fun.
Thanks again to Esther, and see ya real soon !