Sunday 11 June 2023

SURPRISINGLY UPBEAT

 It was a surprisingly upbeat weekend considering the events of the past few days. I made it a point to connect with people who are as bummed about Ange's passing as I am.

Saturday night I saw the Misfits tribute band "She" play, with the fabulous Kate on vocals . They were great of course. Following was Zero Coping Skills, and they grow on me more and more each time I see them. Melodic well intentioned punk rock, and I've seen them do both a Lil' Nas X cover and Gorilla Biscuits as well ! Now that's versatility. This was at The Quadra House. I love that this place exists . Thank you for doing what you do, and consistently at that.

I then went up to The Phoenix to see Knife Manual , and they fucking gave 'er. It's going to be the last show they play for a few months, and they played like it. Intense and energetic, they tore the roof off the place.

The night was full of hugs and people supporting each other through some rough times. Angela would have wanted us to keep rocking no matter what.

I will see you all at the next show.