Thursday 2 February 2012

AGING (DIS)GRACEFULLY

I am a middle-aged man. Where I differ than most other middle-aged men in this country, is in this: I play in a hardcore band. I skateboard. I do not watch hockey. It bores me, and I just don't care. I do NOT support the troops. I will not support any military adventure where anyone invades another country. Especially since there is no such thing as invading with such high sounding causes as the promotion of "democracy", and other bullshit. The recent Afghanistan adventure is a case in point. Canadian mining companies have just been granted rights to one of the biggest copper deposits in the world. Human rights my ass.
  I also am sick of the crap about how people fought and died so we could be free(and fucking vote). No, they did not. No one went to die so we could vote for rich motherfuckers so they could help other rich motherfuckers dupe and exploit us, and other working people the world over. Fuck voting, and fuck you. It's a distraction, and a lie. And it works for the ruling class.
  I do not believe in respecting your elders. Respect must be earned. Just because someone happens to live to a ripe decrepit age, does not automatically mean they should be respected. This is how kids get exploited and abused. Besides, people of all ages are full of shit. Take them at their actions, and their words.
   I do not believe in automatic respect for the authorities. This system is corrupt, and it's protectors are assholes. The mouthpieces of this crap are useless and harmful. Once in a rare while, someone will say or do something of value. But this is an exception.
  Just starting the month with a little venting. I'm not really sorry if anyone doesn't like it. Have  a delightful day.