Saturday 28 January 2012

LAST NIGHT

Last night's Jay Brown Memorial Show at Logan's was awesome. We played with Lesbian Fist Magnet, The Keg Killers, The Hoosegow, and Alcoholic White Trash. I saw many faces that I don't see except for this one night, and saw some I hadn't seen in fucking years! It was a full house, and overall a positive night, despite it being such a shitty start to the new year. It amazes me how such a group of social pariahs can be so supportive of each other, raise money for a good cause, and yet mainstream society would vilify them.The whole "judging a book by it's cover thing", I suppose.
   There were five former AK-47 members in the crowd! Holy crap, I've been doing this for a long time. And it was great to see all of them.
   So I want to thank Hoon, Ange, Roy, Rick, the inestimable Scott Henderson doing sound, and everyone else who had a hand in making this happen. And of course, former bandmates Rob, Jodi, Darryl, Jessie and Luke for being there, and for being so great. I look forward to seeing you all again, and hopefully soon. Much love.