Saturday 5 May 2012

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Yesterday, Joe sent me  a link to a movie called "God Bless America". It's a petty bourgeois revenge kill everything you hate fantasy, written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwait. Yes, that's right. Bobcat. And despite it being an individualist revenge hate movie, I love the trailer. It's as if I asked someone to make a movie just for me, and they went out and did it. Everyone gets what they deserve here (well, almost everyone). From christian fundamentalists, to american idol types, to douchebags taking two parking spots for thir douchemobiles. It's my feelgood movie for the spring. 
   Now obviously,  this film does not capture the essence of what needs to be done to get rid of all of this bullshit. It's going to take mass revolutionary upheaval. But it still gives me a sense of satisfaction. Finally, someone had the balls to make a movie that at least challenges , even in a very limited way, all of the bullshit going on in the most powerful country on earth. Enjoy.