Saturday 27 April 2013

ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT

Last night's show at Rehab with The Rebel Spell and Class Of 1984 was wonderful. Thanks go out to Heather and Cidra from Clove and Anchor Entertainment, the bands, and especially everyone who came out, and had the kindest words for us. Class Of 1984 went from being a band I thought were only okay, to being one of my favourite local bands. I will try to see them as often as I can. And The Rebel Spell can only be described as inspirational. I don't really listen to a ton of "melodic" punk/hardcore these days, but these guys compel me to listen to them. The catchy songs, the lyrics, the great personalities, they've got it all, the fuckers. Their lead singer, Todd, mentioned onstage how I have been an inspiration to him both musically and politically. Well, we've come full circle, and he's certainly that and more to me. It was a great night, we met a lot of people we hadn't talked to before, which made it totally worth it for me. Thanks again to Todd, Heather, and Cidra for putting us on the bill. See y'all on June 1st at Logan's, when we play with the Gnar Gnars, All Out Panic, and fucking Car 87! Oh yeah, and thanks to Brice for representing Car 87 at last night's show. It was great to see you. See you on the 1st.