Sunday 2 June 2013

SEEIN' RED

Poor promotion, mediocre turnout, great times, and fucking amazing Vancouver bands. Tonight's show was awesome. There was a true spirit of community with the bands and crowd (such as it was), totally unpolluted by any even remote hostility or competition. All Out Panic were ferocious and fucking refreshing. Angry hardcore played without pretension. Car 87 is a band I can't get enough of. They have fucking nailed that raw, aggressive, I'm gonna blow up any minute '80s hardcore sound, and I love them for it. And to top it all off, they're super nice people. I was sad that The Fuck You Pigs had to cancel at the last minute, as they would have fit in nicely. I look forward to the next time I get to see them. What really blew me away, was that Bryce from Car 87 and Sean from All Out Panic both said that we reminded them of Seein' Red, one of my favourite bands of all time, which neither of them knew. Vitamin X's name was also mentioned, another band who I love dearly, and  from Holland as well. You gentlemen made my night. It was a great fucking show, and I'm sorry that so many people missed out. Next time, you silly fuckers.