Saturday 1 August 2015

LET ME EXPLAIN

Please excuse my unexplained absence of the last month or so. I took my family to Croatia and Bosnia & Herzegovina to visit my Dad for three weeks, and was nowhere near a computer for most of July. Yes, it was awesome. I missed playing with AK-47, but it was good to be in a different environment for that long. So that being said, my first couple of entries in this here blog thing are going to be a bit more personal than they have been in the past. To begin....

LOSS

This past November I experienced the single most difficult loss I have ever gone through, with my Mom passing away after a four year fight with bone cancer. She died on what would have been her 73rd birthday. 
   I was happy to have those four years, since I thought she was going to go a lot sooner than that. Cancer is fucking merciless. I have a sister who is a nurse, and I don't know where I would have been without her. She moved in with my parents, and managed to help everyone through the devastating times, and still kept working also. Amazing. She kept Mom from having to stay at the hospital at all.
  As soul destroying as those times were for me, they were 1,000 times more so for my Dad, who was married to my Mom for over 51 years. I  can only imagine how lost you'd feel after spending over half of a century with someone. No matter how prepared you think you'd be, there will always be some denial. I understand why so many people turn to prayer when all else seems to be slipping away, especially when you already have that belief system in place.
   I will continue this.........