Thursday 14 December 2017

READING AND RE-READING

It's been a good year to re-read some books that I went too fast on in the first place, although I am currently reading this, that Joe lent me :



It would seem that everybody hates Assad, but everyone also fears the unknown that comes with supporting the opposition, which is rife with islamic fundamentalists. It's a well written book by an Italian author who has seen her share of conflict and more. Read it.

I have just finished re-reading this one,


which is a brilliantly written book on the rise and fall of Huey P. Newton and the Black Panther Party. They had made the farthest advances that any revolutionary movement in north amerikkka has so far, and shows how drugs and the federal government can destroy a revolution. There is no doubt that Huey was a natural born genius, who was also prone to erratic behaviour that cocaine certainly didn't help. Read this, too.

All Visible Things by Zvonko Busic is a book I've ranted on about before, as it is about a fervent Croatian nationalist who spent over 32 years in amerikkka's dungeons, because one police officer was killed during an attempted bomb dismantling, despite the perpetrators of the action leaving a warning, and detailed instructions on how to deactivate the explosive device. 
I have said that there are many things I'm sure I disagree with the author about, but it's a fascinating read about someone I heard much about as a youth. Excellent.


And this is a work of brilliance that I go back to over and over again, because it is real brain food. Read it, question it, and think about it.


Honestly, I don't know how much there is in here that's actually "new", but it's fresh and suits the times we're living in. This is urgent shit. Get it.

And also, this :


I lost interest in NOFX's music over 20 years ago, but this book is amazing. It's a lot darker than you'd expect from a band who seem to spend most of their time trying to write the goofiest lyrics imaginable, but this is serious, funny, and thoughtful. I have not re-read this one, but I will. I think it made me appreciate their music a little bit more. You will read this.

That is all. Good day, assholes.