Thursday 21 October 2021

THE WAY IT ALWAYS HAPPENS

 On Tuesday skateboarding on my way from work , I ate shit right in front of the arena.
I then skated home but could tell something wasn't right, so I went to the ER. They eventually x-rayed me, and it showed a small crack in the bone right above the elbow. They also gave me a tetanus shot because my arm looked like hamburger. I was at the hospital for 5 hours .  I don't have a cast on, but I'm using a sling and have taken some time off of work.

The thing is, this kind of shit usually happens when you're not really doing anything, just casually riding home and not paying attention. Early in the morning when I was bombing hills to get to work, I was a lot more vigilant and therefore less likely to plummet to my death. It was also a lot more fun. I even had to cancel practice tonight, which bums me out a lot.
I'll get better , but suffice it to say that I haven't learned my lesson and it'll be business as usual in a few weeks.
Have a good one, eh !