Monday 3 August 2015

LONELINESS

As I had mentioned in the previous post, my parents were in the habit of going to Herzegovina every year, but last summer was tragic, as Mom's health had deteriorated considerably.
   So when it was getting close to think about going this summer, my Dad asked my sisters, "What am I going to do in that house by myself?" ( They own a little two bedroom house in a small village over there) , and my sisters asked him, "What are you going to do in the condo all summer?", and talked him into going. I don't think it took too much convincing. He has a brother over there, and he loves his garden, especially since he grows figs, pomegranates, olives, and the usual stuff like tomatoes, corn, cucumbers  and peppers. He also has some great neighbours who look out for him and make sure he's okay.
   While all of this was taking place, I was thinking over the idea of taking the family to visit him while he's there. I do not have the money, but Dad's 83, and if I've learned anything over this past year, it's that life is short. So I mentioned it to him, and he just lit up. That's all it took. We booked our flight, and started planning.