Tuesday 4 August 2015

WORRIES

My Dad had left for the old country in May, and we weren't getting there until July, but he was excitedly anticipating our visit for those months in between. We were too, and we have many relatives who were also eager to see us. The months passed, my Old Lady did ALL of the organizing, my daughter finished the school year, and soon it was time to go.
    I was a little worried about how the kids would be with travelling, particularly the fact that the flight is over 14 hours long. But all of my worries were unfounded, as they were amazing travellers. The one thing that was in the back of my mind was the restlessness of the boy, who is almost 5, and usually quite enthusiastic about life in general. I guess I didn't realize that these days, planes give everyone their own screen on which to watch movies or play games, which the kids did until they fell asleep. No more of the one big screen where everyone is forced to watch some incredibly shitty film together.
   We soon found ourselves landing in Split , Croatia.